Completing your application
- Applications for all jobs should be submitted through our online system.
- Ensure that you complete all the mandatory fields; otherwise you won’t be able to send your application.
- Tell us anything that you think is relevant to the job in terms of your knowledge, experience and skills. You need to give enough information for us to judge your suitability for the job.
- Read through your application and check that all information is accurate before submitting it. It’s useful to retain a copy of your application.
- If you want to apply for more than one position, please submit a separate application for each job.
- The information provided in the Recruitment Monitoring section of the application form is confidential and is not made available to the recruiting panel. This information is used for monitoring purposes to ensure that we’re acting fairly when we employ people.
- If you have a disability which prevents you from meeting any of the criteria, tell us about this in your application. Advise what we could do to help you meet the criteria. If you have a disability we will offer you an interview as long as you meet the essential criteria for the job.
Internal Only Advertisements
- Some of our vacancies are advertised on an "internal only" basis. These are career development opportunities for existing staff. Applications for these roles are restricted to our current employees or agency workers on an active assignment with Southwark Council.
- When recruiting we provide a job summary and a person specification for the role being advertised.
- The job summary provides a description of the role and any special conditions associated with the position.
- The person specification describes the knowledge, experience and skills required to undertake the job. The "criteria" listed are used to shortlist candidates for interview and to make appointments.
- "Essential" criteria are those which you must have to undertake the job. “Desirable" criteria are extra requirements which may be considered if we receive a large number of applicants who meet our "essential" criteria.
- We will disqualify any applicant who asks an elected Councillor to support their application for a job with Southwark.
Conditions of Job Offer
Any job offer is usually subject to:
- your acceptance of the terms and conditions contained within the contract of employment
- an agreed date to start work
- receipt of satisfactory references, medical clearance and, where appropriate, Disclosure clearance and evidence of qualifications.
- checks to ensure your legal right to work in the UK; this may include verification of your identity documents with the Home Office.
If you have any queries regarding your application or any technical problems with the online form, please email email@example.com